Sunday 12 October 2014

REWIND POST: DIY Lip Scrub - Slough Away Those Dry Skin Cells

Now that I have reverted back to my "Blogger" blog I thought I would share a few of my posts from my "other blog". Here is a little DIY recipe for your lips...


{DIY RECIPE}
A lovely friend of mine is having her wedding in a couple of weeks and I am so excited to attend. I have bought a dress and some new makeup and I won't have to wear glasses :-). I have decided to go for a nude lipstick but trying it out I realised how badly I need to exfoliate my lips! So my DIY fix that you can also try at home is a lip scrub.
All you need is oil and sugar combined in a very small container (as a little goes a long way). You can use any oil from the supermarket; Olive, Macadamia, Avocado, Rice Bran... whatever is in your pantry.
I used Macadamia Oil. I'd recommend 1 teaspoon of sugar (caster is best as it isn't as course as the regular sugar), and add a drop at a time of oil, mixing the sugar and oil together. I wouldn't make the scrub too liquidy as it can be messy. You're looking for a firm consistancy.
To use, just take a tiny amount of scrub and rub on your lips to gently exfoliate. Rinse clean, or (like me) rub all the sugar off an the oil will continue to nourish your lips.

And that's it! I am going to use mine twice a week. It's an easy, inexpensive option to slough off those dry cells in preparation for Spring and Summer.
Enjoy xxx
7e71f-4_dc0ea1d984eb49a7a36c85e410c6f7e9image

No comments:

Post a Comment